13 great lines from the original Friday the 13th
Can you believe the original Friday the 13th movie turns 35 years old this year? What better day to celebrate it than an actual Friday the 13th.
Released on May 9, 1980 (what were they thinking?), Friday the 13th was pulled together on a paltry budget of $550,000 and amassed scores of negative reviews from film critics at the time.
In a 2009 review looking back on the original flick, Reelviews.net wrote: "Friday the 13th is neither tense nor frightening (although, to be fair, it is at times creepy and atmospheric, due in part to budgetary limitations that led to a low-key style). The characters are paper-thin and the story exists merely as an excuse for carnage."
And yet, 35 years later we have a franchise of 12 films, comic books, TV shows - you name it. Sometimes, even shlock has a market.
To celebrate, here are our 13 favorite lines from the original Friday the 13th.
1. "You're doomed! You're all doomed!"
2. "You see, Jason was my son, and today is his birthday…"
3. "Come, dear. It'll be easier for you than it was for Jason."
4. "If this is a joke, I'm gonna brain 'em!"
5. "You kids keep your noses clean, you understand? You'll be hearing from me if you don't! We ain't gonna stand for any weirdness out here!"
6. "Kill her, Mommy! Kill her! Don't let her get away, Mommy! Don't let her live!"
7. "It's not bad enough to have Friday the 13th, we've gotta have a full moon too. We keep statistics. We have more accidents, more rapes, more robberies, more homicides, more of everything when there's a full moon. It upsets people. Makes them nuts."
8. "I'm a messenger of God. You're doomed if you stay here!"
9. "What hath God wrought?"
10. "Well, hi. What are you doing out in this mess?"
11. "What, you just get off a spaceship or something? Come on, Coloumbian gold, man. Hash, the grass, the weed, dig it?"
12. "He neglected to mention that downtown they call this place Camp Blood."
13. "Ma'am, we didn't find any boy."