Make us your home page

'Beetlejuice 2' is confirmed … or is it?



It’s been rumored for years, but now it’s official … maybe: Beetlejuice 2 is ready to shoot, says one website, says director Tim Burton has the green light from the studio on a script, and Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder will reprise their roles from the 1988 movie.

“The film is a go and has been approved by the Warner Bros. team, we have talked with the cast members we wanted for the film and they are all on board, this includes both Winona and Michael,” Burton allegedly told an anonymous source. “We have the script in hand everything is in place all we need to do now is get ready to start filming.”

One small problem. A rep for Burton denies it.

“Tim Burton did not confirm Beetlejuice 2 as the movie is not in development,” the rep told ShowBizSpy. “Tim’s focus is entirely on Miss Preegrine’s Home For Peculiar Children set for a September 30, 2016, release and developing Dumbo.“

Okay, so it’s not “in development.” Is that an outright denial of the project or just Hollywood semantics? (And seriously: Dump Dumbo.)

Keaton and Ryder have repeatedly confirmed their participation. And Variety previously reported that a script was in the works. So we're confused. Is there a Beetlejuice sequel? Is Burton going to eventually direct it? When will someone go on the record?

[Last modified: Monday, March 14, 2016 9:04am]


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours