10 questions with Lloyd Dobler
Everyone's 80s hero -- John Cusack -- is the guest on Bravo TV's "Inside The Actor's Studio" on Monday, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. eastern time. (Click here for more information.)
While this may seem like cause for celebration, Cusack has been described as unattached, aloof and disinterested during some TV interviews. He's also notoriously reluctant to talk about his work in the 80s. However, if there's anyone who can bring out the "Lloyd Dobler" in Cusack, it's host James Lipton.
Say what you what about Lipton, but I love his interviews and I'll watch him chat with about any celebrity. Hell, I even watched the entire episode with Hugh Laurie, and I've never seen an episode of the guy's TV show.
Of course, the highlight of every Actor's Studio interview is the final 10 questions originally conceived by French TV personality Bernard Pivot.
I eagerly awake Cusack's real answers. But since we have time to waste ...
HOW 'LLOYD DOBLER' WOULD ANSWER THE BERNARD PIVOT QUESTIONNAIRE:
1.What is your favorite word? "Scam"
2. What is your least favorite word? "College"
3. What turns you on? Diane Court's laugh.
4. What turns you off? My nagging sister.
5. What sound or noise do you love? Peter Gabriel's music.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? The sound of rain on my car.
7. What is your favorite curse word? D--k.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Professional kickboxer, sport of the future.
9. What profession would you not like to do? I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "You're an inspiration, Lloyd."