5 most-shocking and 5 worst movies Reagan watched as president
Say what you want about Ronald Reagan as a president, but as movie fan he's hard to top. The Houston Press recently uncovered the full list of every single movie that Ron and Nancy watched either at Camp David or at the White House. Can you believe the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library actually keeps track of these things?
It's an amazing list, worth your time to read over. But if you want the quickie version, here are the top 5 most-surprising movies and top 5 worst movies from the '80s that he took the time to enjoy.
TOP 5 MOST SURPRISING MOVIES:
1. OCTOPUSSY (1983): James Bond doesn't surprise me. And this certainly wasn't the worst of the '80s flicks. But the title surely made Nancy blush.
2. POLTERGEIST (1982): I can't see Ron digging this horror flicks, which still gives me nightmares.
3. REDS (1981): He was into conquering them; not celebrating them.
4. SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL (1987): An '80s classic from John Hughes? Maybe we misjudged the Old Man.
5. THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE (1981): Naughty, naughty.
BOTTOM 5 MOVIES:
1. COBRA (1986): Stallone probably never saw his own movie.
2. GREYSTOKE: THE LEGEND OF TARZAN (1984): So bad that even the dialog of Andie MacDowell didn't work; her lines were dubbed by Glenn Close in post-production.
3. THE MOSQUITO COAST (1986): Harrison Ford at his quirkiest.
4. COCOON 2: THE RETURN (1988): It's what gave Reagan the idea for his Star Wars missile plan -- kill off anything in outer space that could possily bring a third installment to the series.
5. CROCODILE DUNDEE 2 (1988): We don't need another sequel. We got a Donk.