80 happiest songs of the 1980s
A few months, the Stuck in the 80s nation set out on a seemingly impossible task. We sought to uncover the Happiest Songs of the '80s.
Finally, after much tabulation, debate and procrastination, we have a final list. One suggestion: Don't get too caught up on the numbers here. Personally, I consider any of the top 10 songs to be the musical equivalent of Zoloft.
Today's happiest 80s star: Ah, probably David Lee Roth. What a smiling little rascal he was -- when he finally shed his morose Van Halen band mates. But they're back together and still touring, so everything is right in the world again.
Thanks for all your suggestions. Queue up some tunes and just brighten your day.
80 HAPPIEST SONGS OF THE 1980s: (Nos. 61 to 80)
80. Secret of My Success (Night Ranger): [video]
79. Perfect Way (Scritti Politti): [video]
78. Something About You (Level 42): [video]
77. Working in a Coal Mine (Devo): [video]
76. New Attitude (Patti LaBelle): [video]
75. Hip To Be Square (Huey Lewis & The News): [video]
74. Faith (George Michael): [video]
73. Shake it Up (The Cars): [video]
72. One Vision (Queen): [Live performance]
71. Girls Like Me (Bonnie Hayes): [video]
70. And She Was (Talking Heads): [video]
69. Mickey (Toni Basil): [video]
68. Strip (Adam Ant): [video]
67. Human Touch (Rick Springfield): [video]
66. Everybody Have Fun Tonight (Wang Chung): [video]
65. We Built This City (Starship): [video]
64. Good Times (INXS and Jimmy Barnes): [video]
63. Europa and the Pirate Twins (Thomas Dolby): [video]
62. Just like Heaven (The Cure): [video]
61. Just A Gigolo (David Lee Roth): [video]
Sneak peak at tomorrow's list: Egyptians, monsters and stray cats.