In the 80s, there can be only one
If you're going to run your life based on the movie quotes of a single actor, I think Sean Connery makes a good choice.
Not that I've personally chosen Connery. I'm more a John Cusack zen philosopher myself ("What the hell's wrong with being stupid once in awhile?"). But because Connery turns 77 years old today, we'll honor our wise Scottish sage instead.
As usual, these are only movie quotes from the 80s. (Too bad for us and "Capt. Marko Ramius" that "Hunt for Red October" was released in 1990.)
Everything you need to know in life, you can learn from a Sean Connery movie:
- "Don't you ever get caught on the take." (Family Business)
- "If you're afraid of getting a rotten apple, don't get it from the barrel, get it off the tree." (The Untouchables)
- "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky." (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)
- "If your head comes away from your neck, it's over!" (Highlander)
- "In the end there can be only one." (Highlander)
- "They pull a knife, you pull a gun." (The Untouchables)
- "It's against Service policy to give endorsements." (Never Say Never Again)
- "Make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson." (The Untouchables)