9 days left to get 'Lost in America' with us
Let's just come to a friendly arrangement: You agree to come to the Las Vegas get-together for Stuck in the 80s, and I'll agree to stop this daily countdown feature right now.
You're gonna be stubborn, I see. OK. And so we march on.
Though the '80s don't give us nearly enough opportunities to discuss the genius work of Albert Brooks (I'm in love with 1991's "Defending Your Life"), there's at least one movie of his with a Vegas theme -- "Lost in America" from 1985. And wouldn't you know it, Brooks also turns 61 years old today.
You know he wants to be doing the "Jungle Love" slide with Jerome, Jellybean and us in V-town. (Only he's rich, so he'd score the Pharaoh's Suite at the Luxor.) Drum-roll please...
TODAY'S MAGIC NUMBER .... NINE days 'til the Vegas trip and ...
TOP 9 LINES FROM "LOST IN AMERICA":
9. "Shut up Brad! Your song stunk, I hate your suit and I could hurt you!"
8. "Twenty-two, twenty-two, come on back to me, come on back to me!"
7. "He'll buy that boat from that stupid boat catalog he's been making me look at for the last two months, and he will crash that boat off Catalina Island, and he will drown and die and seals will eat him."
6. "Nice dam, huh? Do you want to go first, or should I?"
5. "I lost a woman! A whole woman!"
4. "Why didn't you tell me when we got married that you were this horrible gambling addict? It's like when you have a venereal disease - you tell somebody!"
3. "If you pick up that Keno card, I'll kill you. I'll kill you."
2. "I've seen the future! And it's a bald-headed man from New York!"
1. "Say it! Say it! Say 'I lost the nest-egg.' Go on, say it!"