'Adventures in Babysitting' set for remake starring Jonah Hill
Yes, the upcoming movie The Sitter is an homage to 1987's Adventures in Babysitting, says the Hollywood Reporter. Congratulations, Tinsel Town. You finally found a movie that could stand with an update. (I assume this happened by complete accident.)
"The irreverent comedy ... follows a college student, suspended for the semester and living at home with his single mom, who has a night to remember when he gets talked into baby-sitting the eccentric kids next door: two boys and a wild 8-year-old girl," THR reports.
Hill is probably best known from 2007's Superbad. Other actors once attached to the movie included Zac Efron and Zach Galifianakis. Filming could start in the fall.
Meanwhile, where is Shue these days? After playing herself in 2008's amazing Hamlet 2 and two episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm last year, the star of Adventures in Babysitting, Karate Kid and Cocktail has four movies set for release in 2010: The Hard Ride, Piranha 3-D, Janie Jones and Waking Madison.
TOP 5 LINES FROM ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING:
5. "Where are we going? ... To hell! Kind of exciting, don'tcha think?
4. "I'll make it very clear. You slip me the cash, and I'll slip you the wiener."
3. "Don't f--- with the babysitter."
2. "Brad, you wouldn't believe what that girl would do for twenty bucks!"
1. "Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues."