Alec Baldwin says he wants to quit acting
"I don't have any interest in acting anymore," the 51-year-old told the magazine, according to various media reports (because god only knows why Men's Journal won't put the interview online). "Movies are a part of my past. It's been 30 years. I'm not young, but I have time to do something else."
By part of his past, he's obviously forgotten that he should be shilling for his upcoming co-starring role in It's Complicated, alongside Steve Martin and Meryl Streep.
The Emmy Award winner and co-host of the 2010 Academy Awards Show made a similar threat to Playboy Magazine. It's been rumored that he'd like to try a career in politics. And let's be honest, few stars got the chance to retire at the top of their game: Michael Jordan ... ummm, Bryan Adams maybe. (Just an insider joke to my favorite Canadian flack.)
"I consider my entire movie career a complete failure," Baldwin told Men's Journal. "The goal of movie-making is to star in a film where your performance drives the film, and the film is either a soaring critical or commercial success, and I never had that."
We dare to disagree, Mr. Baldwin. Just look back at the year 1988 alone! You were "Cucumber" Frank DeMarco!
TOP 5 ALEC BALDWIN MOVIES OF THE '80s:
5. TALK RADIO (1988): "What you are, Barry, is a f---in' suit salesman with a big mouth. Let's call a spade a spade."
4. WORKING GIRL (1988): "What, no class tonight?"
3. MARRIED TO THE MOB (1988): "I loved you like a father."
2. BEETLE JUICE (1988): "Barb, honey... we're dead. I don't think we have very much to worry about anymore."
1. SHE'S HAVING A BABY (1988): "Sure, you'll be happy. You just won't know it."