And the cradle will rock...
Nevermind who's going to be the next lead singer for Van Halen -- the big news is that the hard-living band has found itself a new bassist -- Wolfgang Van Halen.
Yeah, that'd be the 15-year-old son of Eddie Van Halen and soon-to-ex Valerie Bertinelli. Wolfgang will replace Michael Anthony, who left the band in the wake of rumors that original lead singer David Lee Roth is set to rejoin the group. (Anthony's more of a Sammy Hagar kinda guy.) The band is rehearsing now for a Summer 2007 tour.
No telling whether Wolfie can play as well as dad, but having him along on tour is bound to change life on the road for Eddie.
Top 5 ways this Van Halen tour will be different:
5. "Hot for the Teacher" gets redone with autobiographical touches.
4. In pre-show snack plates, M&Ms are replaced by Skittles (purple ones removed, of course).
3. Groupies now must show I.D. -- to prove they're under 18.
2. Family discount from cigarette and condom vendors.
1. Less Jack Daniels, more rum and Cokes.
[Van Halen or Van Hagar? Listen to our special podcast on the band.]