And now you find yourself in '82
This week on Stuck in the 80s, we're going back to 1982 (again) to cover some more of the big hits from the year. (Click here to listen to part 1 of 1982 hits.)
The theme song from Chariots of Fire was released that year (the movie itself came out in '81) and reached No. 1 on the chart for a week. It had no lyrics, hence it's not an answer in the trivia quiz below, but can anyone tell me what other instrumental track also topped the charts in the 80s?
While you mull that over, here's a rare and overdue quiz. Each of these songs will appear on our podcast.
LYRICS CHALLENGE -- Name these songs:
1. "And now you find yourself in '82. The disco hotspots hold no charm for you."
2. "You don't know me but you make me so happy."
3. "Outside a new day is dawning. Outside suburbia's sprawling everywhere."
4. "What my head overlooks, the senses will show to my heart."
5. "Cover me, when I sleep. Cover me, when I breathe."
6. "Quiet, angel. Forget their lies."
7. "Hold me tight babe, don't leave me by myself tonight"
8. "He's got everything that I desire. Sets the summer sun on fire."