Another lyric quiz for 80s addicts
Time for the weekly brainpleaser. Since today is Molly Ringwald's birthday, all the songs are from the soundtracks to her films. That's the only clue you get. No fair cheating with Google. Name the song and artist of the following lyrics:
1. "Living on a dream ain't easy, but the closer the knit the tighter the fit."
2. "Through each and every nerve and fiber, My broken spirit is frozen to the core."
3. "My back is aching so bad. But I'm grinning inside. Thinking of you keeps me on my feet."
4. "We're lost in the shadow. It's not the love that leaves you blind."
5. "Hating all the faking. And shaking while I'm breaking."
(Click the comments link below to see the correct answers)
More on Molly
So Molly Ringwald is 38 today. Possibly the face of 80s teens movies, she appeared in nine films during the decade. Some memorable (Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink), and others (Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone and Fresh Horses) not so much.
Fans think her professional career began with the Facts of Life series in 1979, but Ringwald had a music career prior to acting. At age 6, she even recorded an album of jazz with her dad, pianist Robert Scott Ringwald.
She's rumored to have turned down the role of the call-girl that Julia Roberts made famous in Pretty Woman, and -- like many of her Brat Pack peers -- her career cooled down in the 90s. Lately, she's a regular in Broadway shows, but still makes occasional appearances in films.
Speaking of films, what do we think is her best movie of the era? I know a lot of people are going to say Breakfast Club, but I'm going with Sixteen Candles. (Pretty in Pink gets the bronze medal.)
(The worst ones: Pickup Artist and Fresh Horses. Awful, just awful.) But hey, it's your birthday, Molly. Happy times only please.