Another stake in the heart of the '80s: 'Fright Night' remake coming
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mad Men writer-producer Marti Noxon will write the remake for DreamWorks. That's somewhat of a relief since Noxon cut her fangs, so to speak, as a writer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. THR says "the new version will keep the comedy-horror tone while modernizing the effects." Oh thank you.
No word on who'd star in the remake -- Chris Sarandon, Roddy McDowall and William Ragsdale were in the original -- but safe to assume it'll be a bunch of somewhat trendy TV stars from shows that we all should be watching but don't because we're too busying watching the John Cusack movie marathon on AMC.Seriously, is nothing sacred, Hollywood? Why not get Judd Apatow to remake E.T. while they're at it? Have Michael Cera play "Elliot" and Ellen Page play "Gertie." And instead of Reese's Pieces, the alien just quaffs Tic-Tacs to get those bicycles flying over the moon.
TOP 5 MEMORABLE LINES FROM FRIGHT NIGHT:
5. "I am Peter Vincent, vampire killer!"
4. "Apparently your generation doesn't want to see vampire killers anymore, nor vampires either. All they want to see slashers running around in ski masks, hacking up young virgins."
3. "Mmm mmm! His dinner... is in the oven!"
2. "Kill me. Kill me, Charley... before I turn into a vampire, and... GIVE YOU A HICKEY!"
1. "Welcome to Fright Night! For real."