A 'Beetlejuice' sequel? Michael Keaton, Geena Davis say they'd do it
"Oh I'd do that in a heartbeat," Keaton told Moviehole.com this weekend during promotional rounds for Toy Story 3.
Likewise, co-star Geena Davis, who played the dead wife to dead husband Alec Baldwin, says she'd be on board.
"It's funny, [another journalist] just asked me about a sequel to Beetlejuice - which, though I haven't heard anything about it, might be interesting", Davis told Moviehole. "I would do that!"
So now all that's missing is a script and some Hollywood magic. Truth is, there is a script out there -- Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian -- which was commissioned a few years back.
"Thing is, do ghosts age?" Davis pondered. "Wouldn't we be stuck in the age we were? Alec [Baldwin] and I would have to look as we did then - who knows, maybe we could? I better get in touch with Tim Burton".
TOP 5 UNDER-QUOTED LINES FROM BEETLEJUICE:
5. "If you insist on frightening people, do it with your sculpture."
4. "Ugh. Deliver me from L.L. Bean."
3. "Please, they're dead. It's a little late to be neurotic."
2. "Let's turn on the juice and see what shakes loose."
1. "We've come for your daughter Chuck."