Believe it or not, another remake
"The Greatest American Hero" is the latest '80s remake announced by Hollywood this summer. The short-lived TV series will be re-imagined as a big-screen movie (though hopefully they'll keep the same killer theme song by Joey Scarbury).
Moviehole.net says the search is on for big-name stars to play the roles of schoolteacher/superhero Ralph Hinkley, FBI agent Bill Maxwell and lawyer Pam Davidson.
The plot would remain the same. Aliens bestow superhero powers -- and "magic jammies" -- on an unassuming schoolteacher, who promptly loses the instruction book for his new outfit. Comic hilarity ensues. (Hey, it was the '80s, we didn't need people lost on islands or lawyers-turned-prophets to entertain us.)
Original stars William Katt, Robert Culp and Connie Selleca recently told MTV.com that they've been asked to appear in cameo roles in the movie as well.
TOP 5 MEMORABLE LINES FROM GREATEST AMERICAN HERO:
5. "You're about as religious as a Las Vegas nightclub owner."
4. "You go in there and you know what's going to happen? You're going to be sent away for so long, when you get out this suit's going to actually be in style."
3. "It's a bird. It's a plane. It's ... Ralph Hinkley."
2. "Pam Davidson, my attorney, this is Bill Maxwell. We're in the superhero business together. "
1. "I mean I could kill the guy that designed this suit. Why couldn't it have... narrow lapels and a cutaway jacket? Why'd it have to be long johns and a cape?"