Best music videos of the 80s: Nos. 41-50
It's MTV's 25th anniversary this week, so time to take the ole time machine back and enjoy the best music videos of the 80s. How did we compile the list, you ask? You did it for us with your e-mails, comments, mental telepathy and that brick with an attached note that someone threw my bedroom window last night at 2 a.m.
Today, we're uncovering videos 41 through 50. We'll count down another 10 each day. Feel free to debate the merits. Don't get too caught up in the actual ranking among each grouping. It's all about the love, baby.
Top music videos of the 80s:
50. Just a Gigolo, David Lee Roth (view)
49. She Blinded Me With Science, Thomas Dolby (view)
48. Leave It, Yes (view)
47. Safety Dance, Men Without Hats (view)
46. Always Something There To Remind Me, Naked Eye (view)
45. Don't Dream It's Over, Crowded House (view)
44. I Ran, A Flock of Seagulls (view)
43. Hot For The Teacher, Van Halen (view)
42. Shock The Monkey, Peter Gabriel (view)
41. Don't Answer Me, Alan Parsons Project (view)
My personal faves: "Shock the Monkey" -- a taste of the creative Peter Gabriel to come -- and "Safety Dance" -- as if the movie "Willow" was a musical. Instead of another Val Kilmer bomb. Ouch.
[Photo: Video image]