The best that you can do? An 'Arthur' remake
A remake of Arthur? Now it's obvious that Hollywood is really just phoning it in.
The Hollywood Reporter, which is becoming the grim reaper of news for any '80s fan, says British comedian Russell Brand is meeting with writers in an effort to star in an updated version of the 1981 flick, which starred Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli and Sir John Gielgud.
There are a couple of bright sides to this latest '80s remake. Brand (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) seems like a natural fit for Moore's role as a boozy, womanizing millionaire. And he has his eyes on the writing/producing talent of Larry Brezner, who dazzled us with Good Morning Vietnam.
Just thinking of this combination of talent makes me very thirsty.
TOP 5 BOOZE-A-RIFIC LINES FROM ARTHUR:
5. "I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making." ... "You may be right. I can't decide."
4. "A real woman could stop you from drinking." ... "It'd have to be a real BIG woman."
3. "No one in my family ever drinks." ... "You probably never run out of ice your whole life!"
2. "I've taken the liberty of anticipating your condition. I have brought you orange juice, coffee and aspirins. Or do you need to throw up?"
1. "Not all of us who drink are poets. Some of us drink because we're not poets."