Burt Reynolds in critical condition in Florida hospital
Not even the Bandit can outrun the flu: Burt Reynolds has been hit so hard by the bug that he's been admitted into the intensive care unit at an undisclosed Florida hospital, TMZ reports.
Burton's rep tells the gossip website that the actor was "severely dehydrated," and thus was admitted to the hospital. But the 76-year-old star of Smokey and the Bandit is expected to make a full recovery.
BTW, I feel quasi-bad for recently declaring that the '80s might have been the worst decade for Burt's acting career. Though I insist his best work was outside the '80s, he had a few moments worth celebrating. Five in fact.
TOP 5 BURT REYNOLDS MOVIES OF THE 1980s:
5. Switching Channels (1988): "Siegenthaler! Kick satellite 11 for Christ's sakes!"
4. Stroker Ace (1983): "I thought all actors were egotistical hypochondriac sissies."
3. Best Friends (1982): "Every female character you create has breasts too large." ... "Mmm... but I make them suffer for it."
2. Sharky's Machine (1981): "You know Frisco, when we used to flush the toilet upstairs, we always wondered where it came to..."
1. Cannonball Run (1981): "What about a black trans-am? No, that's been done!"