Catch 'Christmas Vacation' on Dec. 2 at Capitol
Christmas Vacation never grows old. Just when you think you've seen it enough times, you come across the scene where Clark rediscovers the stash of old holiday films in the attic. And as his face melts away in the nostalgia of the moment, suddenly we're wiping away tears too. Inside every one of us is a Clark Griswold, just waiting for a chance to come out.
This Friday, Dec. 2, the historic Capitol Theatre in downtown Clearwater will show this 1989 gem again. It's a 10 p.m. screening, leaving you plenty of time to get a few glasses of eggnog into your belly before the lights dim. (You know Santa won't mind if you smuggle it in.)
But, before you, perhaps it's time to test yourself. How well do you really know Christmas Vacation? Here's a quickie trivia quiz.
1. Why can't Audrey see the Christmas tree the family as picked out?
2. What kind of mug is Clark drinking from when he talks to his boss?
3. What's the name of Cousin Eddie's dog?
4. What's wrong with the turkey the Griswolds eat on Christmas Eve?
5. How many imported Italian twinkle lights does Clark use on the house?