Charlie Sheen is going to die this week?!?
"Charlie Sheen is going to die this week," one of his "friends" has told the New York Post. Wow, it must be fun to work for a tabloid newspaper.
It's been a while since many of us thought of Charlie as a creature of the 1980s, but where would the decade be without Platoon, Wall Street, Major League ... heck, he was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!
Still, '80s fans should take no pleasure in following his recent self-destructive path through life. Reports of drugs, hookers and spousal abuse are nothing to be joked about, no matter how many blog hits it creates.
But this weekend's report from the New York Post that Sheen's pals "fear the worst" is just chilling. "One longtime Sheen pal ominously predicted, 'Charlie Sheen is going to die this week'," the paper reports.
Charlie's rep and manager both deny that ominous prediction. Manager Mark Burg told TMZ he visited Charlie at his house after the "death reports" and found the actor sitting on the couch, eating a turkey sandwich. When Burg asked Charlie about being at death's door, "Charlie looked at me like I was nuts."
Let's hope Charlie turns things around in 2011. In the meantime, here's a visit to happier times.
TOP 5 MEMORABLE CHARLIE SHEEN QUOTES IN THE '80s:
5. "Want me to drag him outta here, kick the s--t out of him?" (Major League)
4. "I'm your brother. Make it count." (Red Dawn)
3. "You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she's a whore." (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
2. "If life all comes down to a few moments, this is one of them." (Wall Street)
1. "I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. The enemy was in us." (Platoon)