Cher not dead ... but movie career on life support
Cher is dead. Or probably not dead. Damn you, Twitter. Why do we fall for your shenanigans every single time? The rumor started Thursday night when some numbskull tweeted "RT @CNN: American recording artist Cher dies at 65 years old. Found dead in Malibu home."
Hollywoodgossip.com got Cher's buddy/jewelry designer Loree Rodkin to go on the record: "Whoever started that stupid rumor needs to have their face dragged across concrete. It’s a hoax. She’s fine. She's so NOT dead. She's just a busy girl."
Well, she could be busier, but her hot streak in films hit the skids a LONG time ago. (In some U.S. states, capitol punishment has been replaced by forced-repeated viewings of Burlesque.) Remember when she was can't-miss at the box office? Oh, that's right. The EIGHTIES.
TOP 5 CHER MOVIES OF THE '80s:
5. WITCHES OF EASTWICK (1987): "You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You're not even interesting enough to make me sick."
4. SUSPECT (1987): "I spend all of my day with murders and rapists, and what's really crazy, I like them."
3. SILKWOOD (1983): "Goddamn government f---- you comin' and goin'."
2. MASK (1985): "If I'd dug his grave every time one of you geniuses told me he was gonna die, I'd be eating f---ing chop suey in China by now!"
1. MOONSTRUCK (1987): "Aw, ma, I love him awful."