"Chet" has his own pinball machine?
I love Bill Paxton ... Lord knows I do. But I'll kill him dead if I see a freaky pinball machine like this one in any local bar!
The "Twister" game -- while not really an 80s thing, except for having Weird Science's "Chet" and a scary looking Cary Elwes in the movie -- was spotted by our old pal, Chase Squires. The former Times TV critic (and mastermind behind our Ferris Bueller and Miami Vice podcasts) ran into it in a seedy bar in Denver.
(By the way, did you know Denver has been named the drunkest city in America? Chase confirms it on his blog. Why isn't Stuck in the 80s based there?)
For what it's worth, I think "Twister" would have made for a great 80s movie. It starred a ton of 80s icons (Paxton, Elwes, Helen Hunt, Jami Gertz, Alan Ruck). Had it not been for the special effects needed to make the movie cool, we'd all have grown up slinging around "Twister" quotes.
FIVE "TWISTER" LINES I WISH I COULD USE EVERYDAY:
5. "Red meat, we crave sustenance!"
4. "I gotta go Julia ... we got cows."
3. "Ha Ha! It's the wonder of nature, baby!"
2. "Yeah, trust me. Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise."
1. "She didn't marry your penis... Okay, she didn't only marry your penis."