Chevy Chase: 'Ahahahaha ... I like it!'
Would the '80s have been so cool without Chevy Chase? (That's a rhetorical question, boys.)
There are a handful of flicks from the golden decade that I refuse to turn off when they come on TV, and I'm happy to confess they all have Chevy in them. (I'll also go as far as to say I'll still watch any new movie he appears in, though Zoom really puts me to the test.)
Hopefully he's on the comeback trail with Stay Cool, a movie expected out in 2009 with fellow '80s peers Jon Cryer and Winona Ryder. (Just try to forget that Hillary Duff is also there.)
Chevy turns 65 years old today. Celebrate the day appropriately by renting one of these flicks (and avoiding the ones below this list).
TOP 5 MUST-OWN CHEVY CHASE FLICKS:
5. THE THREE AMIGOS (1986): "Do you have anything here besides Mexican food?"
4. MODERN PROBLEMS (1981): "Ahahahaha ... I like it!"
3. CADDYSHACK (1980): "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."
2. VACATION (1983): "This is crazy! This is crazy! This is crazy!"
1. FLETCH (1985): "Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo."
TOP 5 PLEASE-SKIP CHEVY CHASE FLICKS:
5. DEAL OF THE CENTURY (1983): Chevy, Sigourney Weaver, Gregory Hines. What wasted talent.
4. MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN (1992): Too bad the script wasn't invisible too.
3. UNDER THE RAINBOW (1981): Bad enough to make you forget all about Carrie Fischer's metal slave bikini.
2. OH HEAVENLY DOG (1980): Chevy Chase ... and Benji.
1. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE (1991): Creepy from start to finish. Who would have guessed that Dan Aykroyd's removable nose would be less unsettling than the acting job by Demi Moore.