Chevy Chase jumps into 'Hot Tub' with John Cusack
Remember all the earlier talk about the new John Cusack movie, The Hot Tub Time Machine? The movie has already started filming in Vancouver, and Cusack will have the added star power of another '80s hero: Chevy Chase.
The script follows a group of guys going through mid-life angst who are catapulted back to 1987 after hopping into their hot tub. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Chase plays "a mysterious repairman who dispenses pearls of wisdom and may or may not be behind the metaphysical road trip."
Sounds a little like Christopher Walken in Click or Don Knotts in Pleasantville. But we have faith that Chase will put his unique turn on the role.
If you can't get enough Chevy Chase, here's more good news: Chase is set to star in NBC's new TV series Community, playing a community college student "carrying more divorces than classes," says THR.
TOP 5 CHEVY CHASE LINES OF THE '80s:
5. "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body." (Caddyshack)
4. "Their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear?" (Spies Like Us)
3. "I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose!" (Vacation)
2. "Do you have anything here besides Mexican food?" (The Three Amigos)
1. "You using the whole fist, Doc?" (Fletch)