Come for the actors, stay for the music
Dennis Quaid, Kevin Bacon and Bruce Willis. Three stars from classic 80s flicks finally starring again in the cities that made them famous. But not just on the big screen.
The three actors are each bringing their bands on the road for a series of gigs this summer, according to Pollstar.com. The Bacon Brothers, the Bruce Willis Blues Band and Dennis Quaid & The Sharks will appear for Netflix Live! On Location. The attraction pairs bands with that feature stars performing live in the same cities where their movies were shot.
Sound a little contrived? Sure. But a party's a party.
New Orleans is first up, hosting Quaid's band on June 21 in the same city where he starred in 1987's "The Big Easy." The Bacon Bros. are up next in Baltimore on July 15, where Kevin appeared in 1982's "Diner."
And Willis in L.A. for the site of "Die Hard?" Nah, too predictable. On Aug. 2, he's headed to the Kennedy Space Center here in Florida, site of 1998's Armageddon. "Guess what guys, it's time to embrace the horror! Look, we've got front row tickets to the end of the earth!"
Top 5 Celebrity Rock Bands:
5. The Bacon Brothers: Kevin and Michael Bacon played together since boys. Their songs have appeared on at least two movie soundtracks.
4. Dogstar: Keanu Reeves' band once shared stages with Bon Jovi and David Bowie.
3. Spinal Tap: Does a fictional band that really plays live concerts count? Queue up "Stonehenge" and tell us! "Where the demons dwell ... where the banshees live and they do live well."
2. 30 Seconds From Mars: Jared Leto's band has a platinum album and an MTV video music award to its credit.
1. The Blues Brothers: Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi. ... Legend.