'Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there!'
The quest to build the ultimate list of Most Quotable Lines from 80s Movies continues -- with much rejoicing. This has got to be the most enjoyable list to put together. Lots of the old standards coming back to life.
But where are all the sci-fi movie lines? Surely you haven't forgotten the magnetism of Blade Runner or the charisma of James T. Kirk.
Here are some 80s sci-fi lines to consider for our list:
- "Judge me by my size, do you?" (The Empire Strikes Back)"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?" (Blade Runner)
- "Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead." (Star Trek 2)
- "Game over, man, game over!" (Aliens)
- "Terrific. I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." (The Last Starfighter)
- "Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there." (Tron)
- "Bloodshed is my life." (Explorers)
- "Khhaaaaan!" (Star Trek 2)
- "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder." (The Empire Strikes Back)
- "Time to die!" (Blade Runner)
- "Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!" (Return of the Jedi)
- "Greetings, Program!" (Tron)
- "Call me Snake." (Escape from New York)
- "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!" (Flash Gordon)
- "The sleeper has awakened!" (Dune)