Curtain call for Curtis
Jamie Lee Curtis says she's through with acting. (Her critics might snicker and wonder when she ever started.) She'll instead spend her time tending to husband/actor Christopher Guest and their two adopted children.
We'll survive. After all, we have an entire video library devoted to the daughter of Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. And of course the best of her work is in the 80s. (I'll go as far as saying the only decent non-80s flicks -- and this will upset the "Halloween" fans out there -- are True Lies in 1994 and The Tailor of Panama in 2001.)
Top 5 favorite Jamie Lee Curtis flicks:
5. The Fog (1980): "Thank God you're weird. The last one was so normal, it was disgusting."
4. Grandview, USA (1984): No great quotes, but I can't leave a movie with Curtis, John Cusack, C. Thomas Howell, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Patrick Swayze off the list.
3. Perfect (1985): "What's wrong with wanting to be perfect? What's wrong with wanting to be loved?"
2. Trading Places (1983): "Food and rent are not the only things around here that cost money. You sleep on the couch."
1. A Fish Called Wanda (1988): "Aristotle was not Belgian, the principle of Buddhism is not 'Every man for himself,' and the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."