Dave Stewart working on 'Ghost' musical
The Eurythmics' Dave Stewart may have stumbled onto a bad idea. The word from Broadway.com is that Stewart is writing the songs for a musical version of the 1990 sob-fest Ghost, which starred Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg.
"Writing the movie Ghost has been, from conception to winning the Oscar, the most joyful experience of my film career," said Bruce Joel Rubin, who is turning his movie screenplay into a stage script. "The opportunity to give it new life as a musical, to see Molly and Sam come alive again, to see their souls soar with song, is proving to be one of the great experiences of my life."
Did he really say "souls soar with song"? Come on, Stewart! Jump off this project. I was making big plans to dress up as you for next Halloween (with Vegas Girlfriend dressing as Annie Lennox, riding crop and all!), but this project is going to tarnish your legacy.
TOP 5 MOVIES THAT KILLED THE '80s:
5. THE ADVENTURES OF FORD FAIRLANE (1990): "Have a twinkie, snapperhead." [trailer]
4. PRETTY WOMAN (1990): "I appreciate this whole seduction thing you've got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I'm a sure thing." [trailer]
3. ANOTHER 48 HOURS (1990): "They blew up my car and all you have to say is it's a damn shame?"
2. HOME ALONE (1990): "When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone." [trailer]
1. GHOST (1990): "The love inside, you take it with you. See ya." [trailer]