Dead Milkmen release first album in 15 years
Had you given up on ever hearing new music from goof-rock kings Dead Milkmen? Fear not, '80s minions, for the Philly-bred group has just released their first new album in 15 years: The King in Yellow.
The 17-track album is the first since 1995's Stoney's Extra Stout. The original lineup -- Joe Jack Talcum, Dean Clean and Rodney Anonymous -- returns, but with bassist Dan Stevens replacing the late, great Dave Blood.
A new album also means new live shows. Look to their official website for dates.
Most alt-80s fans have a fave tune or two by the Milkmen -- Bitchin' Camaro, Big Lizard in My Backyard, Punk Rock Girl usually make the list. But it's the tastelessness of their song titles that I always appreciated. We missed you, boys. Let's hope some of the tunes on The King in Yellow can match these classics.
TOP 5 WORST NAMES OF DEAD MILKMEN SONGS:
5. WATCHING SCOTTY DIE: "One day my dog went out to play. Instead of gray he came back colored yellow."
4. LIFE IS S--T: "This is life as I know it."
3. SRI LANKA SEX HOTEL: "Let's have sex without birth control, sell our offspring to some dirty old men."
2. AIR CRASH MUSEUM: "Betty Lou will bring the sawdust. And I've got the formaldehyde."
1. IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE, SET THEM ON FIRE: "Life can really burn you up when you're a pyromaniac."