The Dice Man returneth
He may have an overall lower popularity rate than George W., but give Andrew Dice Clay credit: The chain-smoking comic has rabidly loyal fans and still can sell out clubs and theaters whenever he tours.
That's probably why we're about to get another dose of the Diceman this summer. Clay is playing the Tampa Theatre on June 27 as part of Ruth Eckerd Hall's "On The Road" series of events. Tickets go on sale noon, May 9.
Clay sold out Tampa's Side Splitters Comedy Club last July -- even though tickets started at $100. This time around, with the venue a little larger, a seat costs $49.50.
Stuck in the 80s interviewed Clay last time around, and we let him say whatever came to mind -- resulting in a podcast that carries an "adult-language" warning. Click here to listen to the show or click here to subscribe for free on iTunes.
TOP 5 MOVIE LINES FROM ANDREW DICE CLAY:
5. "If you'd like me to provide you with some vital statistics that can't be measured in a public place, I'd be happy to do so." (Casual Sex)
4. "Have a Twinkie, snapperhead." (The Adventures of Ford Fairlane)
3. "Ya know, I used to have it all figured out. It's like women changed when I had my back turned." (Casual Sex)
2. "Some people play hard to get. I play hard to want." (The Adventures of Ford Fairlane)
1. "Love's a bitch, Duck. Love's a bitch." (Pretty in Pink)