Did Macaulay Culkin kill the '80s?
But I'm here to tell you: Macaulay Culkin, who turns 28 today, is the devil and his appearance in movies basically destroyed everything we held dear about the '80s. His rise to short-lived super-stardom came at the stoke of the end of 1989. And his fall in the late '90s was karma and triggered the '80s revival.
I'm betting even John Hughes is nodding along, while sitting somewhere in the basement of his Wisconsin home, throwing copies of "Home Alone" into the furnace to cut the chill, muttering "Are you thirsty for more? Are you thirsty for more!?!" to nobody in particular.
Sleep tight, Johnny. Take solace in knowing that Culkin's real slide into evil didn't begin until he played "The Nutcracker" in '93.
TOP 5 QUOTES THAT PROVE MACAULAY CULKIN IS THE DEVIL (Or at least a very weird kid):
5. "Their dog's a ball-sniffer." (Uncle Buck)
4. "Guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!" (Home Alone)
3. "You can't marry a teacher, it's against the law." (My Girl)
2. "Bad worms." (Rocket Gibraltar)
1. "Waiting for your sex?" (Uncle Buck)