'Do I have to talk dirty to you?'
Stuck in the 80s co-host Sean Daly is a proud, new father today -- which makes me feel a little like Uncle Buck.
Truth be told, I hated "Uncle Buck" when I saw it in the theaters back in 1989. I was a graduating senior in college, and I'd just been turned down for a job for quite possibly the 50th time in two weeks. So the idea of the always-happy ending of a John Hughes movie wasn't what I needed. (Though certainly I could empathize with the jobless John Candy.)
Of course, nowadays I recognize it as perhaps the last great flick from the master filmmaker himself. And actually, I look forward to the day I can babysit Daly's older daughter, smoke cigars in his house and threaten the lives of her boyfriends. Ah, good times.
So take time out to read the official announcement of Sean's still-unnamed offspring, and enjoy today's top 5 list.
TOP FIVE MEMORABLE LINES FROM UNCLE BUCK:
5. "Ever hear of a ritual killing? Ah, heh heh heh heh heh."
4. "Marcie Dahlgren-Frost. Dahlgren is my maiden name, Frost is my married name. I'm single again, but I never bothered to remove the Frost. And I get compliments on the hyphen."
3. "How would you like to spend the next several nights wondering if your crazy, out-of-work, bum uncle will shave your head while you sleep?"
2. "Hey, Mom. Next time you take off in the middle of the night, why don't you hire a murderer to watch the house?"
1. "Do I have to talk dirty to you? Come on! Open up for daddy! I'm gonna shove a load into you! Here we go! Come on, it's nice and easy. Aaah! Come on, here we go! Ah! Take that! Take that!"