Don't dream it's over ... because it isn't
Crowded House, the Australian and New Zealand band that grew from the remains of Split Enz, is getting back together and planning a year-long world tour.
Media in New Zealand confirmed today that the reunion is on. "After spending most of last year making music with my friend Nick Seymour, we are now announcing our intention to reform Crowded House with a new record entitled Time on Earth," founding member Neil Finn said in a statement.
The band released seven albums during its career -- from 1985 to 1996 -- before squabbling between members and the record company, lineup changes and solo careers finally sidelined for good. Founding member and drummer Paul Hester died in 2005 after a long battle with depression, dampening further any chance of a reunion. Or so it seemed.
"It feels right to us that the band should re-emerge at this time, and together with Mark Hart we look forward to reconnecting with the audience that we established, and for whom we still hold a deep respect," Finn said.
Top 5 Crowded House tunes:
5. Weather With You: "You can fight the sleep but not the dream."
4. Better Be Home Soon: "I know I'm right for the first time in my life."
3. Sister Madly: "You're systematically stepping on my head."
2. Something So Strong: "Roots that spread so deep bring life to frozen ground."
1. Don't Dream It's Over: "You'll never see the end of the road while you're traveling with me."