"Doogie Howser" is gay
Neil Patrick Harris, "Doogie Howser M.D." to 80s fans, tells People Magazine's website that he's a "very content gay man" -- despite statements from his publicist last week. Weird, but that's Hollywood.
"The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life," Harris told People.
Harris played the teenage doctor in "Doogie" from 1989 to 1993. The plotline of the show was marginally more realistic than that of Starship Troopers, the campy 1997 sci-fi classic that co-starred Harris as Col. Carl Jenkins, the brainiac who could read the minds of bugs, ferrets and Denise Richards. He trumps both roles in his short appearance in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. (Sorry, I can't quote more lines from that movie on this blog. There are tons.)
Top 5 Neil Patrick Harris lines:
5. "Aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good." (Starship Troopers)
4. "So let me get this straight; whenever a black guy does well, starts wearing Dockers, buys a few Celine Dion records, and sleeps with a white chick, you automatically say he's sold out?" (Undercover Brother)
3. "Do you really want to have sex with a small town in Indiana?" (Doogie Howser)
2. "Coach Dave Shula, screw you and your crappy steakhouse!" (How I Met Your Mother)
1. "The Doogie line always works on strippers ... lapdance!" (Harold and Kumar)