'Dune' fans ... the remake's director has awakened!
He who controls the '80s remakes, controls the universe! The planned remake of Dune has a new director attached. Pierre Morel (District 13, Taken) will take over the duties, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
David Lynch directed the 1984 adaption of the Frank Herbert sci-fi novel, which starred Kyle MacLachlan, Virginia Madsen, Francesca Annis and a very freaky Sting. The Reporter says Peter Berg originally was to handle the remake, but found another project instead. (Please, god, not another '80s remake.)
So that just leaves writing a script and a finding a new cast of actors before things can get rolling. Just re-cast Sting as Feyd Rautha and let him play his lute in the film. Easy compromise.
TOP 5 CREEPIEST LINES FROM DUNE:
5. "We have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen."
4. "Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work."
3. "If we walk without rhythm, we won't attract the worm."
2. "Bring in that floating fat man!"
1. "You are SO beautiful, my Baron. Your skin, love to me. Your diseases lovingly cared for, for all eternity."