Eddie Murphy as The Riddler?
Websites everywhere are buzzing with the news, including the New York Daily News, which says the new installment's title could be Gotham and would hit theaters in 2010.
Earth Girls Are Easy's Jim Carrey played that role in 1995's Batman Forever, and 21 Jump Street hero Johnny Depp was a potential Riddler this time around as well.
Would Eddie be a good pick? Maybe. Decide after you check out this list.
TOP 5 UNDERRATED EDDIE MURPHY COMEDIES:
5. I SPY (2002): "Yeah, what's B.N.S. stand for? Bitch that Needs some Slapping?"
4. SHOWTIME (2002): "What happened to the good old days where people would just grow pot in their garages?"
3. THE GOLDEN CHILD (1986): "My dear, sweet brother Numsie!"
2. BOOMERANG (1992): "This is my mack daddie vibe I am giving you. In all its splendor."
1. BOWFINGER (1999): "It's too cerebral! We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"