Except for socially, Joan Cusack is our role model
John Cusack might be the living saint of the Stuck in the '80s kingdom, but has his sister Joan Cusack suddenly disappeared? Not hardly. If you're one of the gazillion people who will see Toy Story 3 this summer, you'll hear Joan reprise the voice duties for Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. And in 2011, she's back in real-life form in the movie Mars Needs Moms! along with Seth Green.
The Chicago-based actress sat down for an interview with the Chicago Tribune this week. Here are a couple highlights.
HER MOST COMMON ROLE: "I've played the 'best friend,' which I'm honored to play. I feel it carries great responsibility to … say things best friends would say when I get the chance. With Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride I think I said, 'What the hell are you doing' basically. I've played a lot of mothers, which is also a great honor."
HER FAVORITE CO-STARS: "I've worked with such amazing people. I always enjoy supporting. It's just good … goodness. Buzz and Woody, of course. Kevin Kline. I loved working with John Goodman in Confessions of a Shopaholic. I loved working with Kate Hudson in Raising Helen. She was adorable. Jack Black ... I loved supporting in School of Rock."
WHAT? NO JOHN CUSACK? "Without saying — one of my most favorite people to support ever."
TOP 5 JOAN CUSACK MOVIES OF THE '80s:
5. BROADCAST NEWS (1987): "Except for socially, you're my role model."
4. THE ALLNIGHTER (1987): "Look at this place... I mean would you look at that toilet? It's the most disgusting toilet I ever saw! What if you had to pee right now?"
3. SIXTEEN CANDLES (1984): For the water fountain scene alone.
2. SAY ANYTHING (1989): "Why do you eat that stuff? There's no food in your food."
1. WORKING GIRL (1988): "Six thousand dollars? It's not even leather!"