Favorite anti-Valentine songs
Valentine's Day is just a couple weeks away, but stow the chocolates, balloons and syrupy love songs. This year, the Stuck in the 80s gang is celebrating the ultimate Anti-Valentine's Day. And it all starts with the music.
Share with us your favorite 80s songs about the perils and pain of love. In a week, we'll do a special podcast featuring the best songs. Here's what we have so far.
Our favorite Anti-Valentine songs from the 80s:
- Love Stinks (J. Geils Band): "This thing they call love, it's gonna make you cry."
- Poison Arrow (ABC): "Hey girl, I thought we were the right combination."
- Take It On The Run (REO Speedwagon): "If that's the way you want it baby,
then I dont want you around."
- I Hate Myself for Loving You (Joan Jett): "I wanna walk but I run back to you that's why."
- You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi): "Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye."
- I Don't Care Anymore (Phil Collins): "I got better things to do with my time."
- Goodbye to You (Scandal): "The days are dull, the nights are long."
- Heartbreaker (Pat Benatar): "You taught me the ways of desire, now its takin' its toll."
- Kiss Off (Violent Femmes): "They'll hurt me bad, they do it all the time."
- No More Words (Berlin): "Your empty passion won't satisfy me."
- Owner of a Lonely Heart (Yes): "You and you - and that's the only way."
- Look Away (Chicago): "Don't worry, baby, I can take the news okay."
- Love on the Rocks (Neil Diamond): "We all know the song."
- Missing You (John Waite): "And there's a heart that's breaking, down this long distance line tonight."
- Tainted Love (Soft Cell): "I've got to get away from the pain you drive into the heart of me."
Which one is your favorite? What songs are we missing? Leave a comment and let us know.