Feel young again: Cheap Trick
Cheap Trick is the perfect band to fire up on ye ole record player when you need to feel young again. Nothing like cranking up "Surrender" extra loud when Zander talks about catching the parents making out to his KISS records. If that song doesn't make you jump out of your skin and start air-guitaring, then you're clinically dead. Neidermeyer? Dead!
Highlights from this episode:
- Times pop critic Sean Daly insults fans of this blog for their love of the game.
- Co-host Cathy busts Steve for his singing and overall unacceptable behavior.
- We tell all the great stories from seeing Cheap Trick in concert a few weeks ago, including Steve's Amazing Bladder, T-Shirt Discrimination and Taco Fest 2006.
Plus, plenty of music. All the hits. We all have our favorites, but alas...
The official Stuck in the 80s list of top 5 Cheap Trick songs:
5. If You Want My Love: "Lonely is only a place."
4. I Want You To Want Me: "I'll get home early from work if you say that you love me."
3. Dream Police: "They persecute me, they're the judge and jury all in one."
2. She's Tight: " I start to fantasize of memory lane. Then she answers and she says right way."
1. Surrender: "Mommy isn't one of those, I've known her all these years."