Funniest movies of the 80s: Nos. 21-30
After a short weekend break, the list of 50 funniest movies of the 80s continues today. Remember, this list was compiled by 80s fans -- not film critics or Hollywood weasels -- so it's your list!
Today's big star? It's Judge Reinhold, believe it or not, who appears in three of the movies in this list of 10. (Not for Head Office or Vice Versa thankfully.)
21. When Harry Met Sally (1989): Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan. "Of course when I asked where she was when Kennedy was shot she said, 'Ted Kennedy was shot?' " (5 reasons never to watch this movie with a date)
22. Back to the Future (1985): Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd. "There's that word again; 'heavy.' Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"
23. Better Off Dead (1985): John Cusack, Diane Franklin. "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that." (More on the movie)
24. Beverly Hills Cop (1984): Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold. "This is the cleanest and nicest police car I've ever been in my life. This thing is nicer than my apartment." (Whatever happened to Funny Eddie?)
25. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989): Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter. "This is a dude who, 700 years ago, totally ravaged China, and who, we were told, 2 hours ago, totally ravaged Oshman's Sporting Goods."
26. Arthur (1981): Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli. "You're a hooker? Jesus, I forgot! I just thought I was doing GREAT with you!"
27. Ruthless People (1986): Danny DeVito, Bette Midler. "My husband does business with the Mafia! When they track you down, you, your entire family, everyone you ever KNEW will all get chainsaw enemas!"
28. Top Secret! (1984): Val Kilmer, Lucy Gutteridge. "I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground."
29. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982): Sean Penn, Judge Reinhold. "Look at you: member of the honor roll, assistant to the assistant manager of the movie theater. I'm tellin' ya, Rat, if this girl can't smell your qualifications, then who needs her, right?" (Reliving sex in the 80s)
30. Trading Places (1983): Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy. "When I was growing up, if we wanted a Jacuzzi, we had to fart in the tub."
Sneak peek of tomorrow's list: More Val, Eddie and lots of John Candy.