'Game over, man! Game over!'
Bill Paxton turns 52 on Thursday. Are you kidding me? Paxton looks like he's been about 42 years old since about the third grade.
While he may be best remembered for roles in Twister (1996), True Lies (1995) and Apollo 13 (1994), don't forget that he had some truly classic performances in the '80s. In fact, I dare say some of his most quotable lines are all-80s.
I'll also go on the record and say his role as "Chet Donnelly" in Weird Science is perhaps the best supporting acting job in any John Hughes flick. (Yeah, better than "Duckie Dale" in Pretty in Pink.)
TOP 5 BILL PAXTON LINES FROM THE '80s:
- Streets of Fire (1984): "Let's see the color of your money."
- Near Dark (1987): " Howdy. I'm gonna separate your head from your shoulders. Hope you don't mind none."
- Lords of Discipline (1983): "You're gonna be my little piggy-bank."
- Aliens (1986): "Game over, man! Game over!"
- Weird Science (1984): "You're stewed, buttwad!"