Ghostbusters 3 ... Who ya gonna call? A script-doctor!
"There's still no script, it's just a bunch of talk. It's just a wish list for someone," Bill Murray told AbsoluteRadio this week, according to a report on Digital Spy. "Until there is a really good script, I'll stay home. It has to be a serious script before I leave the house."
Murray, Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd have all given tentative nods of the head to making some sort of appearance in a third movie, even if they're not the headlining stars. (Sigourney Weaver says she's passing, but does that really matter?) And Ramis previously went on record to say he was helping to write a script. But not much new has seemingly happened lately.
"I'm not going to make one [movie] just to make another one," Murray said. "We made a second one, and it was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first one."
[By the way, if you need a Bill Murray fix, check out Zombieland. ... Sorry to ruin the surprise and all.]
TOP 5 UNDERRATED LINES FROM GHOSTBUSTERS II:
5. "Have you been outside lately? Do you know how weird it is out there? We've taken our own head count. There seem to be six million completely miserable a--holes living in the tri-state area."
4. "You know, Dana, there are many perks to being the mother of a living god."
3. "Suck in the guts, guys, we're the Ghostbusters."
2. "Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right."
1. "Soon, the city will be mine and Vigo's... mainly Vigo's."