Gonna be your Man in Motion...
Ah, the puffy mullet of hair that is John Parr. His signature hit -- Man in Motion -- is synonymous with the 1985 flick St. Elmo's Fire, the subject of this week's Stuck in the 80s podcast. And while we may all disagree on the quality of the movie, 80s fans fans all around the world can agree that this is one unwatchable music video.
What's truly odd -- and perhaps disturbing on some sub-atomic level -- is that YouTube is FULL of video tributes to St. Elmo's Fire.
See for yourself -- if you dare:
- A movie slideshow set to the tune of Pat Benatar's "Invincible."
- The movie music video for David Foster's "Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire."
- The official video for Foster's tune.
- The love triangle montage (Alex, Kevin and Lesley) set to Pat Benatar's "Love is a Battlefield."
- John Parr lip-syncing "Man in Motion" on Japanese TV from the L.A. Coliseum.
- A homemade video of "Man in Motion" using a webcam.
And are you ready for the worst of it? Click this at your own risk -- it's Dionne Warwick singing the "Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire." I didn't know it had words. And my world was more peaceful without that knowledge.