'Gozer the Gozerian ... good evening'
Ghostbusters is returning ... but as a video game? And the original cast -- Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson -- returns to voice-over their characters in the game.
Players will hunt and fight supernatural villains in an effort to free New York City from another "paranormal plague." Aykroyd and Ramis, who wrote the 1984 film, will script the videogame as well, according to developers Sierra Entertainment and Sony Pictures.
This isn't the first Ghostbusters videogame. Activision produced a the first home version for the Atari, Sega, NES and Commodore systems back in '84. But for some reason, there's a lot of Internet buzz about this new version. There's an entire blog -- Ghostbusters III -- that offers daily updates on the game's developments.
They should be in business for a while. The game isn't expected to launch until Fall 2008.
For what it's worth, I always thought Ghostbusters the movie was a little over-hyped and under-acted. I wouldn't put it with the top work of either Murray or Aykroyd. But I suppose it's possibly one of the more quotable flicks.
TOP 5 LINES THAT BETTER BE IN THE VIDEOGAME:
5. "Take me now, subcreature."
4. "Gozer the Gozerian... good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension."
3. "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass."
2. "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria."
1. "If someone asks if you are a god, you say, 'YES!' "