Happy birthday, 'Roy Batty'
Never mind what those clowns over at the Tyrell Corp. say about 4-year lifespans, our favorite replicant from the '80s turns 65 years old today.
Rutger Hauer should be thrilled. Maybe soon he'll actually appear in a movie where he doesn't die in the end.
TOP FIVE '80s FLICKS WITH RUTGER HAUER:
5. WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE (1987): "$%&@ the bonus ..."
4. INSIDE THE THIRD REICH (1982): "Who did you cry for, Speer?" ... "Adolf Hitler."
3. LADYHAWKE (1985): "Each generation is called upon to follow its own quest."
2. THE HITCHER (1986): "He couldn't have walked very far because I cut off his legs ... and his arms ... and his head. And I'm going to do the same to you."
1. BLADE RUNNER (1982): "Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."