He'll be right here, waiting for you: Richard Marx coming to Clearwater
Oh, this is going to be good. Richard Marx is coming to Clearwater's Capitol Theater for a solo acoustic show on March 18.
Word has it that Marx puts on FANTASTIC live shows and that he's a real cut-up during interviews, so you can bet we're pursuing him for a future Stuck in the '80s podcast.
I've yet to visit the Capitol Theater, an intimate, 450-seat venue operated by Ruth Eckerd Hall, but it sounds like an ideal spot to catch someone like Marx, who has nine (!) top 10 singles in his career. [Click here to check for a date closer to you, you unlucky non-Floridians.]
Still, if I had to pick just five..
TOP 5 RICHARD MARX SONGS:
5. SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER: "And now I'm wondering what I did wrong. Should've known better than to fall in love with you." [Video]
4. SATISFIED: "If they turn me loose on this town, they're gonna have to hold me down." [Video]
3. RIGHT HERE WAITING: "I hear the laughter, I taste the tears. But I can't get near you now." [Video]
2. ENDLESS SUMMER NIGHTS: "And I remember how you loved me. Time was all we had until the day we said goodbye." [Video]
1. HOLD ON TO THE NIGHTS: "What happens now? Do we break another rule and let our lovers play the fool?" [Video]
-- Tickets run $34.50-$42.50 and go on sale at noon Friday at the Ruth Eckerd box office.
[Publicity photo from richardmarx.com]