Help out an '80s fan with a mix tape
Hey, gang. If you haven't heard Episode 150 yet (The Horrible Hits of 1981), here's our big dilemma. A fan from Atlanta -- "VJ" -- is 16 years old and is trying to woo a girl from school with an awesome '80s mix tape.
He recently wrote the "love doctors" at Stuck in the '80s for feedback on his playlist. Here it is (click the band name to see the video from YouTube):
- Call Me (Go West)
- Head Over Heels (Tears for Fears)
- Something About You (Level 42)
- Sign Your Name (Terence Trent D'Arby)
- True (Spandau Ballet)
- You're The Inspiration (Chicago)
- Rosanna (Toto)
- Africa (Toto)
- Whenever You Need Somebody (Rick Astley)
- Can't Fight This Feeling (REO Speedwagon)
- Waiting for a Girl Like You (Foreigner)
What do you think? Which songs work and which don't? I'm already on the record, saying he needs to deep-six Africa from the list. Add your own favorites as Sean Daly and I each concoct our own suggested mix lists for VJ.