Here comes 'Romancing the Stone' again
The Hollywood Reporter says Daniel McDermott, who is currently working on a Soylent Green remake for Warner Bros., will head up the remake of the movie that starred Michael Douglas, Danny DeVito and Kathleen Turner. The original screenplay was written by Diane Thomas, who died shortly after the film's release. No actors have been attached to the project.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing why this is an '80s movie worth remaking. There's nothing new in movie technology that can enhance the story. And it already had its one lame sequel. Still, I suppose it's one more DVD I'll eventually have to rent and then mock online. And it gives me a reason for another list...
TOP 5 CHEESIEST LINES FROM ROMANCING THE STONE:
5. "Crocodiles shed tears when they eat their prey. You have heard of these tears I am sure. But have you seen them?"
4. "Someone's gonna get killed, and you're farting around with prehistoric animals."
3. "How will you die, Joan Wilder? Slow, like ... a snail? Or fast, like a shooting star?"
2. "Oh, pumpkin, I never get into an elevator alone. You know ... rapists."
1. "You're the best time I've ever had."