"Hey, hey! What's this I see?" ... 'Footloose' loses its lead actor again
The latest escapee: Chace Crawford, who stepped in when Zac Efron (the studio's first choice) called it quits.
Entertainment Weekly says Crawford's conflicting shooting schedule with TV's Gossip Girl is the reason. (Efron dropped out because he didn't want to be typecast by appearing in another "high school musical.")
Anybody who thought this remake project would see the light of day has got to be worried now. The project has changed directors, writers and overall direction over the years. Rumor has it now that the remake would be closer to the movie version that starred Bacon, Lori Singer and Chris Penn -- and not the stage musical.
EW does confirm Dancing With the Stars alum Julianne Hough is still on board to portray the female love interest originally tackled by Singer.
TOP 5 KEVIN BACON LINES FROM FOOTLOOSE:
5. "Hey, I like that hat, man. They sell men's clothes where you got that?"
4. "I get the feeling you've been kissed a lot, and I'm afraid I'd suffer by comparison."
3. "Ecclesiastes assures us... that there is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to laugh... and a time to weep. A time to mourn... and there is a time to dance."
2. "Did you ever get busted for boppin’?"
1. "Hey, hey! What's this I see? I thought this was a party. LET'S DANCE!"