Howard Jones playing entire first 2 albums on North American tour
When Howard Jones last talked to Stuck in the '80s, he was getting ready for a London show that would feature his two first albums -- Human’s Lib and Dream Into Action -- played live in their entirety. London always get the great shows, right?
Proving once and for all he's a man for all of '80s Nation, Howard is bringing the same show to North America in October (though sadly there are no dates in Florida -- or the entire Southeast for that matter). This is a first for Jones, who saw tremendous commercial and critical success with both albums.
"The idea of doing the first two albums came from the fans constantly asking me to do this," Jones said in announcing this new tour. "When I was finally able to get the multi-tracks from Warners in 2010 it was then possible to do these shows in an authentic way. The technology was not available in the mid '80s to do justice to the songs and so many of them I am performing for the first time live. It seemed a great opportunity to add video to the show and I commissioned visual pieces for all 24 tracks.. I am really looking forward to playing in America in October with my electronic band - Robbie Bronnimann on live sequencing and effects, and Jonathan Atkinson on electronic drums."
Human’s Lib reached No. 1 in 1984 in the U.K. and featured New Song and What Is Love? In 1985, Dream Into Action was released and quickly became a platinum album in the U.S., featuring Things Can Only Get Better, Life In One Day, No One Is To Blame and Like To Get To Know You Well.
Here are the luckly towns that get to see Howard's live show:
HOWARD JONES Human’s Lib & Dream Into Action LIVE:
- 10/12; 4th & B (San Diego, CA)
- 10/13: Cox Auditorium (St. George, Utah)
- 10/14: The Music Box (Hollywood, CA)
- 10/15: The Summit Music Hall (Denver, CO)
- 10/18: The Flying Monkey (Plymouth, NH)
- 10/19: Irving Plaza (New York, NY)
- 10/20: Keswick Theatre (Glenside, PA)
- 10/25: Oakville Centre (Oakville, Ontario Canada)
- 10/26: Oakville Centre (Oakville, Ontario Canada)
- 10/27: Bottom Lounge (Chicago, IL)
- 10/28: Paramount Centre (Peekskill, NY)